Hit your sweet spot
What message are your customers longing to hear? What is the message that you alone can deliver?
Finding common ground between your desires and those of your customers is the sweet spot, the unique value proposition that makes you stand out from your competitors.
Your internal mission and vision statements may set the platform for how you run your business, but to be effective at selling your wares and standing apart from your rivals, you must go further. You must communicate your company’s differentiating traits in a way that grabs your customer by the lapels, is benefit-oriented, and prompts them to take action.
How do you create a message that prompts people to act?
- Make it personal. Speak to an audience of one.
- Make the message compelling, timely and relevant.
- Provide true value outside of price and availability.
- Speak your prospects’ language. “Industry speak” will leave readers in the cold.
- Find your focus. Create a distinctive promise.
- Be truthful. Be the answer to something your prospect cares about.
- Be conversational. Tell a story.